Week in Review
The Pitt Week in Review
Welcome to our newest feature, the Pitt Week in Review. Basically, a big old “in case you missed it,” that will provide a rundown of Pitt news from the past week, as well as posts from the Pittsburgh Sports Now blog.
- Tim Benz’s second article for the blog asked the question, “Will We Ever See Pitt Win Another Championship?“
- We were the exclusive home for the Darian Street commitment announcement. In the video, Street, the brother of former Pitt WR Devin Street, announced that he would follow in his brother’s footsteps and accept Pitt’s offer.
- Our list of everyone who attended Pitt’s prospect camp.
- Interview with recruit Pitt football recruit Aeneas Hawkins.
- We spoke with Jake Lichtenstein, a very in-demand DE from Florida, about Pitt and the recruitment process. Jake has been in contact with the Pitt coaches and plans on making a visit this summer.
- Our “Tuesday Pitt Recruiting Notes” featured news on 4-star Pitt hoops recruit Victor Uyaelunmo as well as info on Damari Mathis, Javar Garrett and Josiah Scott.
- Is Plum’s Rahmon Hart “The Next Great WPIAL Player?“
- In our “Wednesday Pitt Recruiting Notes” we looked at how Pat Narduzzi has expanded Pitt’s recruiting reach since he took over.
- Pitt pitcher T.J. Zeuch became the highest drafted player in the history of the program. Zeuch was drafted 21st overall by the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Another Pitt player, SS Charles Leblac, was chosen by the Texas Rangers in the fourth round of the draft, 129th overall.
- ESPN named Pitt’s uniforms the “class” of the ACC. Thank you Pitt Script!
- ESPN thinks Ejuan Price will hit double digits in sacks for a second straight season.
- The Pittsburgh Sports Now t-shirts and hoodies arrived! We’ll be giving these bad boys away through various promotions and contests, so keep on the lookout for that.
- The “Weekend Pitt Recruiting Notes” had news on a host of Pitt recruits, including Nathan Proctor, AJ Lytton, Taron Vincent, Devin Darrington, Aaron Wheeler, RaiQuan Gray and Alan Stritzinger.
- SB Nation’s Football Study Hall takes an in-depth look at how Pat Narduzzi has changed Pitt’s defense.
- We spoke with Pitt recruit Dontavius Butler.
- News and notes from Pitt’s second prospects camp.
- We learned that Pitt safety Jordan Whitehead would miss 4-6 weeks with knee surgery. Fortunately, all indications point to him being back before training camp begins.
- We’re still updating this as we speak, but our “Sunday Pitt Camp Notes” wraps up all the action from Pitt’s prospect camp this weekend. Some of the big names in attendance included Taron Vincent, Javar Garrett and Griffin Sestilli. A big surprise was the visit from 4-star safety Deon Jones.