Other than Pitt’s signing week, this may have been one of the busiest ever for us here at Pittsburgh Sports Now. Since last Sunday alone, we’ve put out 18 different articles, plus we were live at Pitt’s 7×7 tournament this past Saturday (you can check out our first batch of pictures here).
We’ll have interviews and more pictures from Saturday in the next few days… but for now, it’s time for the latest episode of “The Pitt Week in Review.”
- We talked with Pitt basketball recruit Sterling Manley about his offer from Pitt.
- Our Monday Recruiting Notes had info on Quentin Lake, son of former Steeler great Carnell Lake, among others.
- Speaking of “sons,” Josh Yohe of DKPittsburghSports had a great article on Jacob Stalling’s big league debut with the Pirates. (Hopefully you know that Jacob is the son of Pitt men’s basketball coach Kevin Stallings or that whole “speaking of sons” part didn’t make sense.)
- James Conner is enjoying a return to normalcy after beating cancer.
- James Conner has helped raise over $400,000 dollars for charity.
- PA beat Maryland 26-14 in this year’s Big 33 Classic.
- Big 33 coverage from the Tribune-Review.
- The day started out with some bad news on the Pitt recruiting front: CB Exree Loe decommitted from the program.
- On a positive note, we learned that 4-star, LaSalle High School DB/RB Jarell White would be visiting Pitt this weekend.
- Paul Zeise on “A Special Father’s Day for coach Kevin Stallings“.
- Former Pitt CB Buddy Jackson signed with the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the CFL.
- The Pitt women’s soccer team is celebrating their 20th anniversary.
- Pitt recruit Paris Ford had a comforting tweet for Pitt fans unnerved by Exree Loe’s decommitment.
100% Solid … ✍🏾 pic.twitter.com/8280DpPFYg
— Paris Ford (@DiddyBop12_) June 21, 2016
- In his weekly column, Tim Benz says the Pitt offense needs to look to 2006 for guidance on how to replace a superstar WR.
- Pitt landed a verbal commitment from DE Carson Van Lynn.
- We talked with potential recruit Jamal Allen, a CB from Churchill High in Livonia, Michigan.
- Tickets for Pitt vs. Penn State continue to rise.
- Thursday’s recruiting notes had info on Jake Lichtenstein and Derrius Mullins, among others.
- We asked the question: who will be the young impact players for the Panthers in 2016?
- Panther-Lair.com took a look at Carson Van Lynn.
- Scott Barnes unveiled his strategic plan for Pitt athletics.
- DKPittsburghSports’ Lance Lysowski took a deep dive into Kevin Stalling’s new offense.
- Craig Meyer at the PG looked at Kevin Stallings and his propensity to turn 3-star players into NBA draft picks.
- Jerry DiPaola takes a closer look at Pitt’s ambitious new plan to improve their athletics programs.
- We confirmed that 4-star forward Naji Marshall was on Pitt’s campus.
- Local freshman Rahmon Hart is hoping for an offer from Pitt.
- WPIAL Sports News released their top 50 WPIAL players.
- Probably the best story you’ll ever read on James Conner. You might tear up, seriously.
- How James Conner Exercised his way through cancer.
- We had pictures from Pitt’s 7×7 camp/tournament.
- As well as tons of info on local recruits in for the weekend.
- We talked with Lamont Wade, the 10th rated recruit in the country, who was at the 7×7 tournament with his teammates from Clairton.
- Is Dewayne Hendrix Pitt’s X-factor?
- Pitt is building a domed field for lacrosse and soccer. (H/T Cardiac Hill).
- We had so much info from Saturday it needed its own recap.
- Reaction from local players who participated in Pitt’s camp.
- Too much info to even summarize in our Sunday Recruiting Notes. Just read it.
- Athlon ranks Pat Narduzzi the 39th best college coach in the country.