It’s been a slow weekend, but this week saw us put up some real boffo numbers, so thanks to all you readers out there.
We’d also like to thank our new sponsors: ProTapes, Thompson Law Group, Archie’s and Cupka’s 2 for their support.
Be sure to follow them on various social medias and check out their websites if you get a chance.
Thompson Law Group:
And now, the news:
- We learned that Jordan Whitehead was named to the Thorpe Watch List, awarded annually to the best defensive back in the country.
- Anson Whaley at Cardiac Hill has a problem with ESPN and CBS Sports’ Bracketology projections.
- Craig Meyer at the Post-Gazette looked at the tumultuous first 100 days of the Kevin Stalling’s regime.
— Pitt Football (@Pitt_FB) July 11, 2016
- We chatted with Florida RB prospect Malik Davis about his thoughts on Pitt.
- Our ever-popular recruiting notebook had updates from Kevin Doyle and Connor Heyward.
- Alan Saunders talked with Pitt’s Michael Young about the new coaching staff and his goals for the upcoming season.
- Tim Benz excoriated Penn State and its defenders in his weekly column. Somehow, we only ended up having to battle a few trolls.
- Former Pitt coach Dave Wannstedt talked with our Alan Saunders about the current state of the Pitt program.
- We teased the possibility of a Pitt recruit committing to the program in our Wednesday notes column. Alan Saunders also revealed the numbers of Pitt’s incoming freshman class.
- Pitt basketball’s alumni team, The Untouchables, is chasing a $2 million dollar tournament prize.
- Alan Saunders talked with Scott Barnes about Pitt season ticket sales and the upcoming football season.
- Adam Bisnowaty, Mike Caprara and James Conner were nominated for the Wuerffel trophy.
- That commit we hinted about? Kirk Christodoulou, punter, Australia.
- Craig Meyer of the Post-Gazette talked with Pitt basketball freshman Justice Kithcart.
- New punter Kirk Christodoulou will be traveling over 10,000 miles to start his collegiate career, and he’s thrilled to coming to Pitt.
- Will Pitt basketball’s only center, Rozelle Nix, be able to take his game to the next level?
- We rolled Friday, Saturday and Sunday’s coverage into one weekend notebook.
- What’s former Pitt and WPIAL great Dorin Dickerson up to lately? We talked with him about exactly that.
- All of Pitt’s preseason award watch list nominees.
- Pitt basketball head coach Suzie McConnell-Serio led the USA U18 team back to the gold medal game.
- This, what you’re reading right now. (So meta.)
- Pitt POV’s weekly podcast is a good listen.