Week in Review
The Pitt Week in Review (July 25-31)
A busy week here at Pittsburgh Sports Now, with the big news being that the launch of our Podcast has been confirmed — our first show is scheduled (probably) for the beginning of August.
Oh, and we added Pitt recruiting-news legend Harry Psaros to the team.
We’re giving away two sweatshirts at the end of the month. But you have to be a newsletter subscriber to be eligible. You can sign up by clicking this text.
- The Pitt coaching staff was back from vacation, which meant lots of activity, especially compared to last week.
- Tim Benz with a look at the new ACC Network. Will it find success in an uncertain cable landscape?
- James Conner, in his own words: “Nothing is Guaranteed.”
- Pittsburgh Sports Now: The Podcast! Coming soon to a computer near you. Plus tons of news and notes from a busy day of recruiting.
- We had an exclusive interview with Baltimore-area prospect Brandon Savage, who assures us he’s a Steelers fan.
- Cardiac Hill takes a look at Pitt’s backfield going into 2016.
- Paul Zeise on “What James Conner taught me“.
- Mike DeCourcy, writing in the Sporting News, says that the Pitt basketball program is one of the big losers from conference realignment.
- According to ESPN, James Conner could spend some time at receiver.
#PittScript is it! pic.twitter.com/AuYNUnSXEW
— Pitt Basketball (@Pitt_MBB) July 26, 2016
- It was a “Big Day for Jeter and Judson“.
- News on Shaquon Anderson-Butts and Naji Marshall, plus word on a new rule that will effect how coaches approach players on social media.
- Alan Saunders had an exclusive interview with Pitt coach Kevin Stallings.
- ICYMI: we added Harry Psaros to our growing list of writers.
- Photos from Pitt night at PNC Park.
- Pitt made Donovan Jeter’s top 5, which perked up the spirits of Pitt fans after a tough day.
- We chatted with Jeter about his top 5, and why each team made it.
- Megan Ryan in the Post-Gazette looks at why Pitt and Penn State haven’t extended their rivalry.
- Mike took a look at some of the main story lines going into Pitt’s preseason camp.
- There were plenty of Pitt prospects and WPIAL players in ESPN’s top 300 list.
- DE Alex Reigelsperger is high on Pitt.
- Pitt basketball offers SG Jordan Davis from Dutch Fork High School in Irmo, South Carolina.
- Reed Kohberger at Pitt POV responds to our “five story lines going into camp” piece. Reed takes a slightly more pessimistic view of the team’s chances in 2016.
- Kevin Stallings welcomes back former Pitt players.
- Kevin Gorman at the Trib profiles former Pitt player Aundre Wright, who, as a cop, finds himself caught in the midst of the debate between Black Lives Matter and Blue Lives Matter.
- Mike White at the PG looks at Pitt recruits like Lamont Wade and Donovan Jeter and the high-level of talent in the WPIAL class of 2017.
- Our weekend recruiting notebook will keep you caught up on Pitt recruiting news throughout the weekend.
- Mike responds to some of the doomsdayers on Twitter who are freaking out over the lack of good news on the Pitt front.
- Lindysports.com says Pitt has the fourth best O-line in the country.
- Pitt’s MLB draft picks are off to a good start in the minor leagues.
Great to have so many Panthers back this weekend! #H2P pic.twitter.com/uDtjduK3Cj
— Pitt Basketball (@Pitt_MBB) July 30, 2016
- Nothing has happened yet, but it’s still early.
- Check back later.
Header image: Pitt script helmet – Photo courtesy of Pitt Athletics