Pitt training camp opens tomorrow and we will be on the field (well, the sidelines) at the UPMC sports complex on the Southside, bringing you the best coverage, photos and interviews from the first day.
It’s going to be a Pitt overload.
You’ll love it.
But that’s the future, and this post is mostly about the past, as in last week, a week that starts with…
- Coaches can now retweet potential recruits.
- Tim Benz says teams cant help playing the negative recruiting card against Penn St.
- Harry Psaros talked to Tyler Polley, who was offered by the Pitt basketball team.
- Upper St. Clair’s Gabe Houy official committed to the Panthers.
- The Panthers will host “Hail to Heroes” Day for servicemen and servicewoman for the Villanova game.
- Pitt baseball coach Joe Jordana signed a three-year extension.
- Tuesday’s Recruiting Notes had the latest on WR Justin Shorter, and DE Donovan Jeter, as well as news that 2018 prospects Jamion Franklin and David Bailey were visiting the Pitt campus.
- SI’s 2016 preseason All-America team had one Pitt player on it as Dorian Johnson was named a second team selection.
- Pitt was ranked the #23 NCAA college football team of all time.
- Former Pitt sprinter Carvin Nkanata will compete for Kenya at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympic games.
- Lance Lysowski at DKPittsburghSports talked with Kevin Stallings.
- Pitt getting some national love in the top 25 rankings.
- Lamar Wade and Donovan Jeter had some cryptic tweets, which, of course, sent Pitt fans into a tizzy.
- Made Man . com picked James Conner as their preseason Heisman pick.
- Kwantel Raines confirmed visits to Penn St. and Pitt and 4-star LB Bo Bower picked Notre Dame.
- Pitt’s Tre Tipton is more than just a world-class football player. He’s a world-class human being as well.
- 80 years ago today, John Woodruff, a 21-year-old African-American middle distance runner became Pitt’s first Olympic Gold Medalist.
- Nathan Peterman was placed on the watch list for the Johnn Unitas Golden Arm Award.
- Pitt offered a 4-star athlete who’s verbally committed to Kentucky. We also announced that our first podcast will be recorded on Thursday, August 11th!
- Four Pitt players received some devastating health news.
- Campus Insiders predicts a 7-5 season for the Panthers. (And a loss vs. Penn St.)
- Not a good day for Pitt: Jake Lichtenstein officially dropped Pitt from his latest list of possible schools and Justin Shorter commits to Penn State.
- Mike lists 5 “under the radar” players who could make a difference for Pitt in 2016.
- An open letter to George Hill from Chris Logue at Pittnationsports.com.
- Jamel Artis will move to PG for his final college season.
- We caught up with Kwantel Raines to get the latest on his recruitment.
- Just how many open roster slots are there, anyway? We attempt to find out!
- Pitt sets a new record for season ticket sales.
- Craig Meyer has five questions to ponder going into camp.
- You really should be following Pitt Stick on Twitter.