We’re a little late with this week’s “Pitt Week in Review,” but nevertheless here’s all of our work from the past week (which was a lot) plus bits and pieces from the other outlets across the nation.
A special shout out to all our readers, Thursday was our best day in over six months.
- We had notes from Monday’s training camp, the first day of the second week of camp, as well as pictures from each position coach and their players.
- Pictures and videos from Monday’s camp via Alan Saunders.
- Harry Psaros had news on PF Aamir Simms, a player definitely on Pitt’s radar.
- Alan Saunders had an in-depth look at Pitt’s defensive tackles going into 2016.
- ESPN on Pitt’s plans to use its power run game to its advantage.
- Cardiac Hill had Jermaine Dixon, former Pitt baksetball player and member of The Untouchables write a feature on his experience playing in The Basketball Tournament.
- Pitt unveiled their throwback uniforms and the internet freaked out.
- Effusive praise might be underselling the reaction to Pitt’s new throwbacks.
- Mike looked at Pitt’s Five Biggest Recruiting Targets.
- New Jersey OT Carter Warren talked with us about his visit to Pitt.
- Thursday’s news and notes.
- Pine-Richland TE Grant Carrigan gave Pitt a verbal commitment just days after being offered.
- Stewart Mandel of Fox Sports picked Pitt to win the ACC Coastal division.
- We had reaction from Grant Carrigan’s coach at Pine-Richland about what kind of player Pitt was getting.
- Pitt AD Scott Barnes is not concerned about the reports of Penn State fans buying up tickets to the big game on Sept. 10.
- The first episode of our weekly podcast. Hosted by Dan Kingerski and Mike Vukovcan, our guests were former Pitt QB Pat Bostick and Pitt insider Harry Psaros.
- Mike White of the Post-Gazette talked with recent Pitt commit Gabe Houy.
- Ejuan Price is overlooked no longer.
- The University of Pittsburgh Marching Band will be making its debut at the Collegiate Marching Band Festival in Allentown on Sunday, Sept. 25.
— NFL (@NFL) August 19, 2016
- Neshannock TE Tyler Sear on his commitment to Pitt.
- Alan Saunders had some news on the hiring of LaRod Stephens-Howling.
- Pitt AD Scott Barnes won’t say whether or not he’ll support the ACC going to a 9-game inner conference schedule.
- Harry Psaros reported that Pitt is in the mix for a towering OT from Florida.
- We had a few tidbits about Pitt’s closed scrimmage on the Southside. We also learned that Pitt offered Matt Turner, a SG out of NJ.
- Harry Psaros caught up with Joe Mantegna, Matt Turner’s high school coach.
- The Tribune-Review had some great features on Pitt in Saturday’s paper, here’s their online coverage of it.
- Rob Rossi’s feature on Pat Narduzzi surprisingly didn’t draw the ire of Pitt fans everywhere.
- The Pitt defense bested the Pitt offense in their Saturday scrimmage.
- “There’s no replacing Tyler Boyd,” writes Jenn Menendez in the PG.