Believe it or not but we are already on Week 3 of the Top Student Section Rankings. With each week, I honestly feel student sections are upping the ante to maintain their reputation as a top student section. Here is what we’ve got for Week 3.
- Seneca Valley: Seneca Valley is really the only other student section on the level of Pine-Richland, and Pine-Richland was away this week, so it was Seneca’s time to strike. Boy, they didn’t disappoint. They went with a camo night/hunter night and it was impressive. They had a dude dressed up as a cow, they had their valedictorian getting soaked with water, and they even had students dressed up as hunters doing backflips with their cheerleaders. Truly impressive effort this week by the Raiders.
- Knoch: It was a ‘Make America Great Again’ night, and though we don’t push any political agenda on WPIAL Insider, there is no denying it was a creative theme and they pulled it off well. They even got a ‘Dicks out for Harambe’ chant going, and I still can’t stop laughing at it. Great night for Knoch.
- Pine-Richland: They were away so their numbers weren’t what they usually are which is why they slid a little bit, but still, the effort was A+ and their hype video was awesome.
- Central Catholic: It was jersey night and it looked good. They had a new way to get their section pumped up and it looked like it worked well.
- Penn Trafford: Neon night! The theme is kinda played out but they made it look really good. Not to mention, the numbers they put up were very impressive.
- North Hills: Nothing better than a blackout in silence to only change to a red out and rowdy after the first score. Awesome idea.
- Thomas Jefferson: The Jungle is back! They had a USA out with huge American flags everywhere.
- South Fayette: South Fayette is in full force right now. They had a white out with awesome attendance.
- Hopewell: Hopewell had a USA theme and even had a LeBron James powder throw. Very well done.
- McKeesport: They had a game over an hour away which was very problematic for them. But the few that came had a construction night and even made a sign for the dear ole Mr. Insider. A+ creativity. Despite the numbers, they get mad brownie points.
Honorable mentions: Norwin, West Allegheny, Beaver, Hopewell