1) Central Catholic: Central continues to roll through the WPIAL and Troy Fisher may now be the best QB in the WPIAL with Jurkovec out.
2) North Allegheny: In what looked as if it would be a close game, NA blew out Seneca Valley. The Tigers are peaking at the right time.
3) Bethel Park: They lost a heartbreaker to Seneca last week but rebounded this week. They very well could get that rematch with Seneca in Round 1.
4) Seneca Valley: I’m not sure if NA is getting really good come playoff time or if they exposed SV but they exposed the Raiders this week.
5) Pine-Richland: Pine-Richland rebounded and mercy ruled Shaler after the loss to Peters last week.
1) West Allegheny: The only undefeated team left in 5A. It could be a curse them being #1 again as my #1 teams in 5A keep losing. They play Woody High this week.
2) Armstrong: Zane Dudek is the best player in the conference. It will be interesting to see how Bob Palko will gameplan for him in the playoffs if matched up.
3) Woodland Hills: The bad news; Woody High almost lost to Moon. The good news; they fought hard and overcame adversity, something that they will need in the playoffs. They play West A this week. Statement game for both teams.
4) McKeesport: Making the rankings for the first time in 5 weeks is McKeesport. They had a huge win vs USC last week who is just in a free-fall right now.
5) Gateway: Gateway beat a good Kiski team this week. They are not to be slept on,
1) Thomas Jefferson: They absolutely trounced Belle Vernon this week. It’s clear TJ could very well be the best team in the WPIAL as a whole this year 1A-6A.
2) South Fayette: They had a nice win versus Indiana last week and look to keep it rolling against Highlands this week.
3) Mars: Losing to TJ by 39 isnt looking so bad after seeing what they did to Belle Vernon. They are a sleeper team in 4A.
4) New Castle: I have to bump New Castle back in the rankings after Belle Vernon and West Mifflin had some very bad loses. Depending on how the bracket looks in the playoffs, NC could see themselves as a sleeper to make it down Heinz.
5) Belle Vernon: Losing to TJ by 55 hurts but they look to be the second best team in the Big Nine conference.
1) Beaver: After Central Valley just got upset by Beaver Falls, Beaver is now the #1 team in the classification again. What the hell is going on in the Beaver Valley Conference. These last few weeks are going to be awesome.
2) Derry: Still the only undefeated team left in the class, Derry continues to improve and look to be a top seed come playoff time.
3) Keystone Oaks: They had a huge win vs Apollo Ridge this week and that’s good for a solid #3 spot.
4) Beaver Falls: Malik Shepard is back and is a playmaker. They upset CV and look to be peaking at the correct time. They could end up being the #1 team in the class by the end of the season.
5) Central Valley: Last week’s loss to BF hurts and the conference and classification is in shambles. This is absolutely insane.
1) Steel Valley: If there were any doubt Steel Valley was the top team in 2A they erased them this week by blowing out previously #5 East Allegheny.
2) Wash High: They started slow the last two weeks but rebounded both times. Still a solid #2 for now.
3) Neshannock: They have one lone loss but that’s it. Definitely a team to watch come playoff time.
4) Char-Houston: They played close with Wash High and it definitely validated them as a playoff contender.
5) Riverside: Maybe its time I start taking Riverside seriously. They played close with Neshannock and they are the only team Steel Valley didn’t mercy rule.
1) Clairton: The Bears continue to dominate the WPIAL. The Week 8 matchup with Jeannette will be a good one.
2) Jeannette: Once again, don’t expect either #1 or #2 to lose until they play each other in Week 8.
3) Rochester: The Rams are sitting at 7-0 and don’t look like they’re going to lose this regular season.
4) Northgate: Still with only one loss to Rochester, they can make a run come playoff time.
5) Fort Cherry: They have a huge game with Carmichaels this week that will decide the conference. Time for them to be great.