THE BIG LEAD
Pitt falls at home to the #25 Hokies, 39-36. Virginia Tech bucked the odds by winning at Heinz Field, something that they had never done before. It was, as stated by Pat Narduzzi before the game, a “must win” for the program and the loss basically ends any chance of winning the ACC Coastal.
- Cardiac Hill: Pitt falls short
- PG: Virginia Tech kicks its way past Pitt
- DK: Season-altering loss leaves Panthers speechless, searching
- PSN: Special Pitt Weekend podcast wrap-up with Dan Kingerski and Alan Saunders
WHO’S TO BLAME?
- Todays U: Poor showing from Pat Narduzzi defines Pitt loss
- Dejan Kovacevic: Narduzzi outcry should be aimed at himself
- Joe Starkey: A toothless defense becoming disturbing trend under Narduzzi
- Jerry DiPaoloa: Pitt backed into a corner searching for answers at key positions
- EndZoneScore.com: Pitt’s loss to Virginia Tech is the same old story of the 2016 season
DAVID HAGUE’S BEST FROM HEINZ FIELD
SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS
- Cardiac Hill: Canada’s calls in third quarter the difference
- Alan Saunders: Does Hamlin help corner crisis?
- Alan Saunders: Film study on Pitt’s secondary
I feel #Pitt is heading in the right direction. This is year 2 for Coach Narduzzi. The Panthers have been in every game. Better days ahead.
— Harry G. Psaros (@PittGuru) October 28, 2016
The Panthers sit at 5-3 and 2-2 in the ACC Coastal. They travel to the U to take on the Hurricanes next week before heading into Clemson for the biggest challenge of the season.
- Panther More: What did the Panthers accomplish?
- Cardiac Hill: Going scouting on the Miami Hurricanes
- Pitt POV: Sunday Morning QB
ESPN Personality Kirk Herbstreit criticized Ejuan Price’s short shorts in a tweet. Fortunately, they later made up.
@KirkHerbstreit No harm, no foul. Really appreciate you reaching out, great to be acknowledged by one of the best/most influential in CFB
— Ejuan Price 5⃣ (@E_Diddy5) October 29, 2016