The Pittsburgh Sports Now Notebook is sponsored by the Law Office of Mark A. Smith. Give them a call at 412-368-8398 or visit www.injurylawyerpgh.com
UPDATE (7:44 PM)-
**Kevin Stallings has offered another 2018 prospect. Cole Swider from Barrington, Rhode Island was offered by the Panthers. Swider (6-7, 210) is a 247 Sport 3-star prospect with offers from Villanova, Syracuse, Miami, UConn and Creighton.
UPDATE (6:22 PM)-
UPDATE (3:48 PM)-
Chiekh Mbacke's visit to #Pitt was successful. I was told 'Great time, loved campus, meeting everyone & game. Never seen anything like it.'
— Harry G. Psaros (@PittGuru) February 19, 2017
UPDATE (8:40 AM)-
Mars High (PA) 2018 four-star guard Robby Carmody (@Robbycarmody23) took an unofficial visit to Purdue on Saturday, per @GoldandBlackcom.
— Chip Miller (@BLUEChip_Miller) February 19, 2017
UPDATE (8:35 AM)-
**While at Pitt Junior Day, Iverson Clement picked up an offer from the Panthers. He made the trip with QB Kevin Doyle.
UPDATE (7:37 AM)-
**It’s time to start looking ahead to the 2nd Junior Day this coming Saturday. Here are some of the recruits that Pittsburgh Sports Now has confirmed that plan on attending:
- Colin Woodside, OT, (Fairfield, Ohio)
- Jimmy McKenna, OT, (Avon, Ohio), Has held a Pitt offer since November
- Antwuan Johnson, LB, (Dayton, Ohio), Candidate to get an offer this Saturday
- Devin Danielso, DT, (Thomas Jefferson), Priority recruit for Pitt
- Jake Kradel, OL, (Butler), Another candidate to receive an offer
- Darnell Shields, S, (Lakewood, Ohio), Shields has a lot of interest in Pitt
- Dorail Walls, OT/DT, (Imani Christian)
- Blake Zubovic, OT, (Belle Vernon), Holds Pitt offer and is a priority for the staff
- Aidan Rafferty, OL, (Washington, DC), Received an offer from Pitt last week
- Caleb Deveaux, LB, (North Carolina), Legacy recruit and I think someone who’s a Pitt lean
–As the week goes on, we’ll work to track down other recruits who’ll be visiting
UPDATE (7:14 AM)-
**I wrote yesterday that I thought Pitt could get a commitment but obviously that didn’t happen. I thought one of the defensive recruits was going to give a commitment but that didn’t happen. Although nothing happened yesterday, I could see four to five of the players that visited eventually giving a commitment.
**Now that Central Catholic’s David Green received an offer, who’s the next local player most likely to get a scholarship from Pitt? My guess would be Butler’s Jake Kradel and wouldn’t be surprised if it happens this Saturday at the next Junior Day.