The Recruiting Notebook is sponsored by J&D Waterproofing. If you have any home issues, don’t cry, call 1-800-VERY-DRY.
UPDATE (9:19 PM)-
**Pitt made another offer tonight, this time to one of the top players in the country. Plantation (FL) 2018 4-star cornerback Tyson Campbell got the news from Pitt. 247 Sports ranks Campbell as the #56 player in the country with offers from Clemson, LSU, Ohio State, Miami, Georgia, Alabama, Florida State and Florida.
UPDATE (9:00 PM)-
**Here’s some evening recruiting notes.
- Ohio quarterback Chase Wolf has received an offer from South Carolina
- 2019 Illinois OT Will Putnam will make a visit Sunday to Notre Dame
- Maryland linebacker Chance Campbell picked up an offer tonight from Michigan State
- Pitt extended an offer to Plantation, Fla 2108 4-star DT Nesta (Jade) Silvera. The interesting part is that Silvera is already committed to Miami, Fla. This has the looks of a Charlie Partridge offer.
- Some Duquesne basketball recruiting news. Both South Kent 2017 power forward Nick Washington and Blue Ridge PG Josh Colon will visit Duquesne on April 6.
- A new offer extended tonight by the Duquesne coaching staff. Dakota HS (Detroit, Michigan) 2017 3-star point guard Jermaine Jackson picked up a Duquesne offer. Jackson (5-foot-10, 160 pounds) holds a offer list of Colorado, Georgia Tech, Auburn, Northwestern and SMU.
UPDATE (3:07 PM)-
— Alan Saunders (@ASaunders_PGH) March 30, 2017
UPDATE (9:55 AM)-
*The Pitt basketball team has suffered another other loss. Per Jon Rothstein, assistant coach Jeremy Ballard is leaving to take the same position at VCU. This is not a total surprise considering Ballard’s roots in Virginia but it’s another departure from the team. It’ll be interesting to see who Kevin Stallings targets for that position on the staff.
UPDATE (9;42 AM)-
**I’m being told that Quaker Valley cornerback Isaiah McNair is visiting Pitt’s practice today. Very good athlete and excellent basketball player too.
UPDATE (7:42 AM)-
— Heather Lyke (@Pitt_LykeAD) March 30, 2017
UPDATE (7:20 AM)-
**Here’s more reaction to former Akron guard Josh Williams transferring to Robert Morris. I asked CBS Sports College Basketball Analyst Steve Wolf about Williams.
“Josh Williams is a really good shooter actually helped Akron down the stretch when they were struggling on the offense and especially took over when Cheatum struggled. Will be a good catch for Robert Morris.”