Kevin Stallings announced an addition to his basketball staff today.
Matt Woodley has joined Pitt’s staff as a special assistant to the head coach for the upcoming season.
“Matt has a terrific basketball mind and will be a tremendous addition to our staff. His experience at the collegiate level and in the pro ranks will be invaluable to our program as we build a winning culture. His passion for the game, attention to detail and selfless attitude mirror the core values of the Pitt basketball program,” said Stallings.
According to Pitt, Woodley’s duties will include assisting the coaching staff with game preparation, practice plans, scouting reports as well as day-t0-day basketball operations.
- Spent the last three seasons in the NBDL with the Iowa Energy. Was head coach of the team last season before being let go midway through the year.
- Prior to the NBDL, spent three seasons as head coach at Division II Truman State.
- From 2009-2011, head coach at Waukee High School in Iowa.
- Spent three seasons as an assistant to Tony Bennett at Washington State (2006-09).
- Spent three seasons as an assistant at Middle Tennessee State and then at the University of Denver.