Every year on June 15, college coaches are finally able to contact rising junior athletes whom they would like to recruit.
While coaches all around the country, including Jeff Capel, have been building these relationships for months and years prior to the date through family members, coaches, and unofficial visits, the 15th is still a noteworthy day and one filled with interest and offers every year.
Here is a list of every prospect that PSN can confirm Capel and Pitt reached out to.
- 6-foot point guard out of PA
- An obvious call for Capel, Gallagher has become Pitt’s top target in 2023 for both basketball and football
- Also heard from Wake Forest, Ohio State
- 6-foot-4, Physical Combo Guard from Baltimore
- Just recently visited Pitt June 11, will be a top target for Capel
- Heard from over 20 programs, including OSU, Penn State, Miami, Va. Tech, more
Marlon Barnes Jr.
- 6-foot-6, four-star SF from Brush HS in Cleveland, Recently Visited Pitt
- Also heard from George Washington
Kwame Evans Jr.
- 6-foot-6 SF from Baltimore. Top five player in the nation.
- Also heard from Kentucky, Virginia, Michigan, more
- Top 10 in the nation. 5-star guard out of NJ.
- Also heard from Duke, Memphis, other big-time programs
- 6’10 center, re-classified from ’22 to ’23 earlier this year. From N.C.
- Also heard from Wake Forest, Georgia Tech Illinois, and picked up a Louisville offer on June 15.
- Team Durant 6-foot-6 wing. Super athletic
- Also heard from Georgetown, NC State, Georgia, and more
- Top-30 prospect in the nation, from SC. 6-foot-8 PF.
“Just speaking and small talk! Just keeping the relationship going,” his dad told PSN after Capel contacted Jackson eight minutes after midnight.
- Also heard from Tennessee, NC State, LSU, more
- 6-foot-8 forward out of Brush HS in OH. Visited Pitt same day.
- Also heard from Michigan, Ohio State, Cleveland State
- 6-foot-5 wing out of N.C.
- Also heard from Tennessee, Wake Forest, College of Charleston
- 6-foot-8 wing from New Jersey
- Also heard from Providence, Bryant, Georgetown
- Four-star, 6-foot-4, 180-pound combo guard from Virginia
- Also heard from LSU, Penn State, more. Picked up offers from Maryland, St Josephs, and Radford
- 6-foot-8 center, plays for George School in PA. Raw prospect, started hooping freshman year.
- Also heard from Miami, OSU, Seton Hall, more
- 6-foot-3 combo guard from N.C.
“Just having a conversation about building the relationship and getting to know each other, maybe taking a visit,” he told PSN about Capel’s contact with him on June 15.
- Also heard from Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, NC State, Ohio State, more
Wesley Tubbs III
- 6-foot-7 SG from Charlotte, N.C.
- Also heard from Kentucky, Virginia Tech, Ohio State, more
- Four-star, 6-foot-6 SF from Indianapolis. Super athletic guard
- Also heard from Michigan, Indiana, more. Planned Pitt visit for end of June
- 6-foot-6 G/F, Plays for NY Rens
O’Toole contacted him. “He told me about his background and we talked about my background a little,” he told PSN. “It was great to finally talk to him and looking forward to building a relationship with him and the Pitt family.”
- Also heard from Kansas State, Ohio State, Nebraska, more
- 6-foot-6 Philly-area prospect, plays for La Salle College High School
- Also heard from Penn, La Salle, Drexel, more
- 7-foot-1 center. Plays for the Phelps School in PA.
- Also heard from Kentucky, Providence, UConn, Rutgers, more
James Johns Jr.
- 6-foot-5 SG from Delaware
- Also heard from Ole Miss, Dayton, Miami, St. Joes, more