All 105 is a Pittsburgh Sports Now series profiling each of the 105 members of Pitt’s 2021 training camp roster.
4 • Daniel Carter, redshirt sophomore running back
Last year: Saw action in nine games as the Panthers’ fourth option at running back.
Stats: Ran for 57 yards and a score on 14 carries in 2020 and had one reception for 5 yards.
Camp outlook: Carter is toward the back of the pack in Pitt’s revolving door of running backs, with Vincent Davis, A.J. Davis Jr. and Israel Abanikanda all likely ahead of him on the depth chart at this point, and Todd Sibley Jr. certainly not far behind.
Projected role: Carter will likely continue his role as a depth back that can be relied upon when plugged in as a short-yardage or goal-line option and a bigger change of pace to the team’s mostly smaller cadre of backs.
Accolades, Highlights: Rated the number 19 running back in the nation and Florida’s number 28 overall prospect by Rivals coming out of high school at St. Thomas Aquinas.
- Pitt Adds to Collection of Florida Running Backs
- Four-Star Running Back Daniel Carter Commits to Pitt
- Watch: Daniel Carter’s Big Night, Will He Pick Pitt?
- Die-Hards: What Will 4-Star RB Daniel Carter Do?
- 4-Star Running Back Daniel Carter Puts Pitt in His Final Two
- 4-Star Back Daniel Carter Looking Forward to Pitt Visit
The rest of the 105: