Connect with us
PSN is sponsored by Beaver County Auto

Pitt Football

Kenny Pickett Says He’s Now ‘Undecided’ about Playing in Pitt’s Bowl Game after Mark Whipple’s Departure

Published

on

Pitt quarterback Kenny Pickett told the Dan Patrick Show that he is now undecided about whether he will play in the Peach Bowl in his appearance on the show on Wednesday.

“With recent news out of our team, with Coach Whipple and everybody, that’s something, I actually just got home yesterday and I didn’t get a chance to talk about it with my parents,” Pickett said. “I’d say undecided right now.”

Pickett told reporters in his post-game press conference after Pitt’s win in the 2021 ACC Championship Game that he intended to play in the bowl game. That was before it was announced that Pitt would be playing in the Peach Bowl against Michigan State and before the resignation of offensive coordinator Mark Whipple on Tuesday.

Sandy Schall, Coldwell Banker
13 Comments
Notify of
guest
13 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Justin Dietrich
Justin Dietrich
9 months ago

He better play or we’ll never see another major bowl game anytime soon. Fans won’t travel to watch Patti or Beville… If he sits out he can take that “we not me” BS back to Jersey.

Last edited 9 months ago by Justin Dietrich
Section 122
Section 122
9 months ago

I always thought good thing would happen if Pitt won a conference championship.

• top WR recruit bails
  • top RB recruit bails
  • OC bails
  • QB about to bail on bowl game

When do we get the rewards of winning the ACC again?

At this point I half expect Narduzzi to Peace Out on Pitt.

Last edited 9 months ago by Adam Held
Jeff
Jeff
9 months ago

That’s surprising and disappointing coming from Kenny. I don’t have any hard feelings towards the kid but I must admit this move makes it seem as if Pickett needs a nanny in order to play in a ball game. I never knew Mark Whipple was that much of security blanket to him. Unfortunate way to go out especially seeing that it appears Walker will play for Michigan State.

After a career of showing grit and toughness it would be disappointing to see someone going out like a peach by not playing in the Peach Bowl.

Last edited 9 months ago by Jeff
DL
DL
9 months ago

You guys are forgetting this is a business first and foremost. We all want him to play in the Peach Bowl but he’s risking millions if he were to get hurt. I’m sure he’s undecided about playing bc of Whipple but the potential money he could miss out on if injured. In the end I think he’ll play, right or wrong, bc of the 100+ teammates he has.

Section 122
Section 122
Reply to  DL

At this point if his parents don’t have an injury insurance policy on him to cover a 1st round contract then they are morons.

Jeff
Jeff
Reply to  DL

I’ll always feel in reality this is modern day prima-donna garbage. In the past top guys always played in bowl games. This in my view is just more modern day snowflake antics.

Last edited 9 months ago by Jeff
Eli
Eli

Boooooooooooooooooo

Chris dressel
Chris dressel
9 months ago

Kenny Pickett might be a first round NFL choice in large part because of Narduzzi, the University of Pittsburgh, and his teammates as well as his own accomplishments. It seems he should give back and play.

Terrence
Terrence
9 months ago

College football has become nothing but a shit show coaches bailing everywhere, the ridiculous transfer portal, and these bowls are downright meaningless with players opting out ,they should just get rid of these bowls and just expand the playoffs

Giovanni
Giovanni
9 months ago

Pickett will play in the bowl game. The kid had to be in shock when he found out about Whipple’s departure thus his response of “undecided”, and wants to first discuss with his parents, shouldn’t be a surprise. This is actually a great opportunity for Pickett to show NFL scouts that he’s matured enough to call his own plays. Breaking free of having to run to the sideline to consult with Whipple for every play should benefit his stature even further.

Chris
Chris
Reply to  Giovanni

The only reason Kenny came back was because of Whipple. Package deal. Whipple would have resigned last year if not for Kenny coming back. I am sure Pitt will promote from within for the OC. Maybe Kenny is waiting to see who will call the plays. Lets all take a step back and give this some time to play out. I hope he plays, I think a Peach Bowl win would be huge for the future of Pitt Football! I am grateful for the team and Kenny! I just hope we dont have to wait 10 to 15 more years… Read more »

Johnny
Johnny
9 months ago

Sorry ass fans in the comment. Without Kenny, we wouldnt even been in thiis conversation. Ultimstely ACC championship was the Goal from day 1. Yall think he came back to pay in a meaningless bowl game? Notoriety aside, if I saw Patti or Beville, id be intrigued because it can show what we need and dont need for QB next year.

H2P always. f*** the fans below

Jeff
Jeff
Reply to  Johnny

Big time bowl games aren’t for the purpose of experimentation. The purpose is to win or don’t even bother going to bowls. We’re actually the fans above seeing that comments fall in order of first to last.

Dukes

Get PSN in your inbox!

Enter your email and get all of our posts delivered straight to your inbox.

Like Pittsburgh Sports Now on Facebook!
Send this to a friend