Connect with us
PSN is sponsored by Beaver County Auto

Pitt BB Recruiting

Avery Brown, One of ‘22’s Best Available Guards, Talks Pitt Interest

Published

on

When it comes to guards in the 2022 class, Pitt has had its fair share of ups and downs during the recruiting process.

Five-star Jalen Hood-Schifino committed, then de-committed. Four star, top-50 prospect Judah Mintz committed, then de-committed.

In addition to those guards, several highly ranked players such as Dom Barlow, Ryan Dunn, Daniel Skillings, MJ Rice, and more, chose to take their talents elsewhere even after visiting Pitt.

Now, the Panthers’ staff has turned its attention to several 2022 prospects, including Avery Brown, who are still on the board.

However, how hard are the Panthers going after Brown?

“Pitt is not recruiting me as hard as other programs,” Brown told PSN. “They have been off and on with keeping in touch. I know they are in search for a guard so I’m sure they have their eyes on multiple guys. I can only control what I can control, if they aren’t two feet in with me then it is what it is.”

Brown is a 6-foot-4-point guard out of Northfield Mt. Hermon, a boarding school in Connecticut. According to the 247 Sports Composite, Brown is ranked as the No. 134 player in the nation. At that spot, he is the fifth-best guard left on the table in the 2022 class, behind Judah Mintz, Desmond Claude, and two others.

Brown said that recently, he has heard from Arizona Stats, Colorado, Wake Forest, Buffalo, NIU, and Nebraska, among others. He has already taken official visits to Colorado and Nebraska, and holds additional offers from Indiana, St. John’s, and more.

“Recruitment is open though,” he added. “[It’s] been a crazy process but I know at the end of the day I’m going to be where I need to be. I think during the second half of the season coaches will realize there isn’t a guard better that makes plays and play defense better than me.”

For Pitt, associate head coach Tim O’Toole has been handling the recruitment of Brown.

“The conversations are really just him keeping me up to date with who they are playing and how the games go,” Brown said. “Also talk about what they need to bring in, he says they need my toughness and ability to make plays.”

As for a potential visit to Pitt, Brown said that he is interested if the staff is.

“Yeah, we have talked about me getting on campus in the past,” he said. “If they go through with what they said I will for sure be looking forward to it.”

Sandy Schall, Coldwell Banker
11 Comments
Notify of
guest
11 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Oh man
Oh man
22 days ago

Is Pitt recruiting anyone at this point? All we have been seeing lately is how Pitt is not showing much interest in this recruit or that one. They need to get their recruiting act together and get some commitments because the class of 22 recruits are almost already committed to other schools.

Capel was supposed to be top recruiter but all we have seen is all of the loses in recruiting.

Katman
Katman
22 days ago

Shows you what a shit show capel is running. There isn’t one good point on that team or committed, but we don’t show interest in one of the best available. Capel is a fucking bust

Mark Recker
Mark Recker
22 days ago
Reply to  Katman

C’mon Sturg, only 6 fake accounts weighing in on this? This one is right in your wheelhouse! Of course, if Pitt was recruiting him heavily you would be saying that he sucks & they’re wasting their time. It’s been said that people with a limited vocabulary usually resort to profanity to express themselves so thanks for confirming this.

Joe Bunda
Joe Bunda
21 days ago
Reply to  Mark Recker

hey, Wreckin’ Ball. . . no fake account there. The point everyone is making is Pitt and Capel have been a bust. . . that’s a fair assessment and fair to express. What’s your problem? You know, those that think they are the smartest guys in the room usually have the smallest dicks. . . kind of like you.

Mark Recker
Mark Recker
21 days ago
Reply to  Joe Bunda

No Sturg it’s small hands – small crank. Brains has nothing to do with penis size. Good news for you or else you would be a micro. Nice to see you break out your Smoke & Mirrors Bunda character. Haven’t seen this one in a while. Must have had problems with his rectum. Anyway, nice prediction by your Dennis Wagner character that Williams would dominate Pitt tonight. His stats – 4 points, 4 rebounds, 4 turnovers. Still waiting for you to right about something.

Mtgj
Mtgj
22 days ago

A tough guard that can run a team and plays great defense is exactly what this team needs. Sign me up for this kid. I really hope they aren’t still trying to get a top kid and that is why there is little interest in this kid.

Richard Johnson
Richard Johnson
22 days ago

If he can make free throws I’m in.

Richard Lovato
Richard Lovato
22 days ago

Capel is just collecting a check until he is fired. There can be no other explanation for this staff’s lack of effort when it comes to recruiting.

Rob Radich
Rob Radich
22 days ago

“Fair share of ups and downs?” They have ZERO players. Could Capel be any worse?

Katura Cassells
Katura Cassells
20 days ago

“Tim O’ Toole has been handling his recruiting.” What recruiting? We all saw what the young man said. It doesn’t cost anything to at least offer the guy. Wtf is going on with this staff!

Mark Recker
Mark Recker
20 days ago

Was that a question Sturg? If so you might want to end the sentence with one of these – ?

Duquesne WBB

Get PSN in your inbox!

Enter your email and get all of our posts delivered straight to your inbox.

Like Pittsburgh Sports Now on Facebook!
Send this to a friend