With the losses from teams in the middle to bottom of the Top 25, they’ll be plenty of changes in this week’s rankings.
Teams in my Top 25 that took an L last week were Wake Forest, Florida, Miami, Texas, Arkansas and Oklahoma, while USC, Texas A&M, Kentucky, Oregon, Tennessee, Clemson, Baylor and Michigan came away with single digit wins.
Every Sunday during this college football season, I will be posting my own Top 25 rankings and we’ll see where they stack up against the other national outlets. My rankings will be based on what I see on the field combined with the competition teams have played.
I’m sure plenty of people will have opinions on me having Pitt at No. 15. I take into account who a team has played and team circumstances. No team in the country has had to deal with the injuries that Pitt has and very few in the Top 25 have had a more challenging schedule. Unlike many voters, I don’t give certain teams an edge because of what conference they’re in or what helmet the players are wearing. Pitt is one of the Top 20 teams in the country and no one can convince me otherwise.
VUK’S TOP 25 COLLEGE FOOTBALL RAKINGS (WEEK TWO):
1) Georgia-Rinse and repeat. Georgia is the best team in college football.
2) Alabama- The Tide opened SEC play by dominating Vanderbilt. Interesting game this Saturday against Arkansas.
3) Ohio State- The Buckeyes cruised to a 52-21 win over Wisconsin. Ohio State won’t be tested until October 29 when they take on Penn State at Beaver Stadium.
4) Michigan- Surprised that Maryland stayed with Michigan, but a win is a win.
5) Clemson- Best game of the weekend as Clemson goes on the road and beats undefeated Wake Forest. Biggest storyline was the play of Clemson quarterback DJ Uiagalelei: 26 of 41 for 371 yards and 5 TD’s.
6) Oklahoma State
12) Penn State
13) NC State
14) Texas A&M
20) Wake Forest
21) Ole Miss
23) Florida State
24) Kansas State