The 2022 college football season has hit the midway point of the season so we’re getting a good idea of the true contenders and legitimate teams throughout college football.
The Top 25 will have some changes because a number of ranked teams played each other but there shouldn’t be any changes with the top five teams.
Next week things will get interesting as we have a few really good matchups of top teams as Penn State takes on Michigan. Tennessee hosts Alabama, Utah hosts USC, Kentucky hosts Mississippi State and Florida State hosts Clemson.
Before we get to those games, here’s a look at my last Top 25 rankings.
VUK’S TOP 25 RANKINGS
1. Alabama– Playing without Heisman Trophy winner Bryce Young, Alabama hung on to beat Texas A&M, 24-20. Things won’t get easier for Nick Saban’s squad as they take on an explosive Tennessee team next week.
2) Georgia– The defending champs had no problem with Auburn and won’t get tested again until November 5 when they host Tennessee.
3) Ohio State– Ryan Day’s offense is starting to click despite missing key members. Saturday, they toyed with Michigan State, 49-20.
4) Michigan– The Wolverines started out slow but eventually pulled away from Indiana, 31-10. The big game is next Saturday as they host Penn State.
5) Clemson– Clemson continues to get better but we’ll find out a lot about them the next 3 weeks with matchups against Florida State, Syracuse and at Notre Dame.
7) Oklahoma State
9) Penn State
10) Ole Miss
11) NC State
14) Wake Forest
15) Mississippi State
18) Kansas State
20) North Carolina