Huge games in Week 7 that will have an impact at the end of the season and in this week’s college football rankings.
The big winners this weekend were Tennessee, Michigan, TCU, Clemson and Utah.
Things will start taking shape soon nationally as the College Football Playoff rankings will be released in the near future.
Until we get those, here’s a look at my latest Top 25 rankings.
VUK’S TOP 25 RANKINGS
1. Georgia– A handful of teams are looking like championship caliber, but the bottom line is Georgia is the best team in the country until someone beats them.
2) Ohio State– An argument can be made for this slot but I’m going with the team with tons of NFL talent and more importantly, one that has been in this position plenty of times recently.
3) Tennessee– Wow, what a performance by Hendon Hooker, Jalin Hyatt and the Vols. Any questions about whether or not they’re for real were answered yesterday. In two weeks, Tennessee will be in Georgia.
4) Michigan– I was tempted to move Michigan up to No. 3 but kept them here. Doesn’t matter because Michigan won’t be challenged for the remainder of the season until November 26 when they take on Ohio State.
5) Clemson– Clemson just needs to keep winning and they’ll find themselves in the College Football Playoffs.
7) Ole Miss
10) Wake Forest
11) NC State
14) Kansas State
15) Oklahoma State
18) Penn State
22) North Carolina
24) Mississippi State