Week 3 of the college football season was a lot less chaotic than Week 2. While it still had plenty of down to the wire finishes among Top 25 teams, there weren’t as many upsets.
Top 25 teams from last week that flexed their muscles this week included Michigan, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Georgia, Penn State, Ole Miss, Alabama, Oklahoma State and USC.
Every Sunday during this college football season, I will be posting my own Top 25 rankings and we’ll see where they stack up against the other national outlets. My rankings will be based on what I see on the field combined with the competition teams have played.
As always, I encourage your comments on these rankings and what you think I got right and what I messed up.
VUK’S TOP 25 COLLEGE FOOTBALL RAKINGS (WEEK TWO):
1) Georgia- I have to make the change. After wins over Power Five teams Oregon and South Carolina in their first 3 games in which they won by a combined score of 130-10, Georgia is without question the best team in the country.
2) Alabama- Don’t totally discount Nick Saban’s team. They still have the reigning Heisman Trophy winner and the best defensive player in the country.
3) Ohio State- All of Ohio State’s weapons are returning on offense which makes this team very scary. Will be shocked if they don’t finish the regular season undefeated.
4) Michigan- After another dominating offensive performance, the Wolverines move up to No. 4. October 15 will be fun as Michigan will host Penn State.
5) Clemson- Another slow start for Clemson as they only led Louisiana Tech, 13-6 at halftime. RB Wil Shipley finished with 12 carries for 139 yards and 2 touchdowns.
6) Oklahoma State
14) Penn State
15) NC State
18) Texas A&M
19) Ole Miss
20) Miami, Fla.
23) Wake Forest
24) Michigan State