Is the search for the next Pitt AD gaining momentum?
Earlier today, University of Pittsburgh Chancellor Patrick Gallagher announced the appointment of a 12-member committee, which includes Pitt football head coach Pat Narduzzi, that will be tasked with helping to find the next Pitt athletic director.
Since former AD Scott Barnes’ departure for Oregon State, the search has been chaired by Dr. Randy Juhl, who is also the acting athletic director and DHR International. Juhl, who is the retired Vice Chancellor and Dean Emeritus of Pitt’s Pharmacy school, also served as Pitt’s acting athletic director in 2015.
Football coach Pat Narduzzi replaced Suzie McConnell-Serio as the other current head coach on the panel.
— Alan Saunders (@ASaunders_PGH) January 27, 2017
Thus far, there have been few solid leads in conjunction with the search.
Here is the full press release which was sent out by Associate AD E.J. Borghetti this afternoon:
PITTSBURGH—University of Pittsburgh Chancellor Patrick Gallagher announced today the appointment of a 12-member search committee charged with the responsibility of recommending candidates to become Pitt’s next athletic director.
As previously announced, the committee will be chaired by acting athletic director Dr. Randy Juhl and the search will be assisted by DHR International.
A member of the prestigious Atlantic Coast Conference, Pitt sponsors 19 varsity sports programs for nearly 475 male and female student-athletes.
The search committee members:
- Randy Juhl: Committee Chair, Acting Athletic Director, Distinguished Service Professor Emeritus of Pharmacy, Dean Emeritus, School of Pharmacy
- Patty Beeson: Provost and Senior Vice Chancellor
- Marcus Bowman: Senior Associate Athletic Director and Chief of Staff
- Andin Fosam: Women’s Track and Field/Cross Country Student-Athlete, Molecular Biology Major, Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
- Dan Furman: Baseball Student-Athlete, Communication Major, Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) President
- Jay Irrgang: Member and Co-chair of Senate Athletics Committee, Chair and Professor of Physical Therapy, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Wendy Meyers: Executive Associate Athletic Director for Business Administration and Human Resources
- Pat Narduzzi: Head Football Coach
- John Pelusi: University Board of Trustees, Chair of Trustees Athletic Committee, Former Pitt Football Student-Athlete, Executive Managing Director HHF
- Bill Valenta: Assistant Dean of MBA and Executive Programs, Katz Graduate School of Business
- Geovette Washington: Senior Vice Chancellor and Chief Legal Officer
- Alonzo Webb: Head Coach, Men’s and Women’s Track and Field/Cross Country