July is here, which means it’s one of the biggest recruiting months on the college basketball recruiting calendar.
For the entire month, coaches from around the country will be out evaluating talent and developing or starting relationships with potential recruits.
For recruits in the Class of 2019 that already have offers from schools, coaches will be showing up in order to be visible to the players and strengthen relationships. For the rest of the 2019 class, players will be looking to catch the eye of coaching staffs who are on the fence as to whether to offer them a scholarship.
Programs will also be out looking for talented players in the Class of 2020 to extend offers to.
Players from around the country will be out participating in tournaments and camps starting next weekend. The live evaluation periods are: July 12-15, July 18-22 and July 25-29.
Jeff Capel and his staff will be out in full force looking at some of the 25+ juniors that they’ve already already offered.
Here are some names to keep an eye on during the month of July:
- Oscar Tshiebwe, 4-star center (6-9, 230) from Kennedy Catholic High School
- Tre Mitchell, 4-star forward (6-9, 260) from Woodstock, Connecticut
- Aidan Igiehon, 5-star forward (6-9, 215) from Woodmere, New York
- Greg Gantt, 4-star forward (6-8, 200) from Fayetteville, North Carolina
- Jalen Gaffney, 3-star point guard (6-2, 175) from Westtown, Pennsylvania
- Aundre Hyatt, 4-star forward (6-6, 210) from Charlottesville, Virginia
- Kira Lewis, 4-star shooting guard (6-3, 160) from Hazel Green, Alabama