THE BIG LEAD:
A season saving victory for the Panthers at Heinz Field, they were able to do something they hadn’t been able to do all year: come back after being down. Before Saturday and excluding the OK State game (which they lost), the Panthers had trailed their opponents for exactly two out 14,400 seconds. So late in the fourth quarter, after Pitt found itself behind for the first time thanks to a 10-yard J.J. Green touchdown run, all eyes were on the Panthers. How would they respond? For one game, at least, Pitt rose to the challenge.
- Jenn Menendez: Pitt takes a stand in victory
- Alan Saunders: Pitt has found its defensive strength
- Trib: Pitt again beats Georgia Tech on late Blewitt field goal
- From the Rumble Seat: Georgia Tech vs. Pittsburgh Final Score: Panthers beat Yellow Jackets on game-winning kick, 37-34
— Pitt Athletics (@Pitt_ATHLETICS) October 8, 2016
PHOTOS FROM DAVID HAGUE:
THE FINAL WORDS:
THE BIG TOUCHDOWN:
Pitt O-lineman Brian O'Neill is listed at 6'6", 300 lbs.
He just ran in a touchdown vs Georgia Tech. https://t.co/v6njYHZnbD
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) October 8, 2016
Pitt retros this season are 🔥 pic.twitter.com/RukWTyfCyE
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) October 8, 2016
— Jacob Hester (@JacobHester18) October 8, 2016
Non-hurricane tweet: How awesome are these #Pitt throwback uniforms?! Somewhere Johnny Majors smiles.
— Ryan McGee (@ESPNMcGee) October 8, 2016
THE TURNING POINT:
- Cardiac Hill: A little luck
- Pitt News: Tyrique Jarret saves Pitt in fourth quarter
- Kevin Gorman: Pitt flips script in victory
— Pat Narduzzi (@CoachDuzzPittFB) October 9, 2016
- Anson Whaley: Injury bug continues to bite Panthers
- Anson Whaley: Pitt right where they need to be
- Pitt POV: Monday Morning QB
- Mike Vukovcan: Will Hamlin see the field versus Virginia?
- Alan Saunders: Pitt’s eligible men
THE AFTER PARTY:
— Pat Narduzzi (@CoachDuzzPittFB) October 8, 2016