As the Pitt football season draws near, more and more potential recruits will be making their way to town to make official or unofficial visits to Pitt. Today, highly skilled New Jersey offensive tackle Carter Warren is in town checking out Pitt again.
Carter is a player that’s high on Pitt’s recruiting board and would be a huge get for the offensive line. Let’s take a look at 5 players that I believe are highest on Pitt’s recruiting board.
(These aren’t in any order)
1) Lamont Wade/Donovan Jeter – I’m going to combine these 2 players because Pitt’s desire to land these two are obvious. Pitt has recruited these two local stars as hard and as much as any program in the country. Getting a commitment from these two would be HUGE for the national image of Pitt’s class and give them two future stars.
2) Charles Reeves, TE, Steubenville, Ohio – Pat Narduzzi has need for talent at the tight end position and Reeves would surely fill that void. This big target (6-5, 240) could team with Chris Clark to give Pitt a formidable duo for the next couple of years. Syracuse is another team that’s really making a push for Reeves.
3) TyJuan Garbutt, DE, Fredericksburg, Virginia – The former Virginia Tech commit was one of the first players Pitt offered when getting the Pitt job. In fact, Pitt was the first school to offer this 4-star defensive end. Garbutt is a “National” recruit that has the skill set to shine in Narduzzi’s defense scheme.
4) Nathan Proctor, LB, Indian Head, Maryland – Proctor is one of the Top 250 ranked players in the country and would be the highest ranked linebacker recruit of the Narduzzi era. If Pitt wants to win this battle, they’ll have to beat out some of the best programs in the country.
5) Carter Warren, OT, Wayne, New Jersey – Landing a talent like Warren would accomplish a couple things 1) adding a big tackle like Warren to your future offensive line rotation 2) you’d be landing a player from a state this Pitt is trying hard to recruit.