Tonight will be another night of Friday Night high school football across Western Pennsylvania.
Pittsburgh Sports Now will have you covered as we’ll have reporters out a couple games and will keep you updated on game action throughout the evening with our Friday Night High School Football Friday Night Scoreboard.
They’ll be plenty of good matchups tonight but are our the Top Five Matchups per our media partner, WPIAL Sportsmen.
**Bishop Canevin vs Springdale:
– Bishop Canevin is our #1 team in the 1A classification because they have game-breaking talent but the schedule has been week. Springdale will be their first test and it should be a good one because Springdale is a serious contender in 1A. Tonight we will find out if Bishop Canevin is the real thing.
**Peters Twp vs Penn Trafford:
– Both teams are coming off bad losses and looking to rebound in order to prevent a 2-game losing streak. Peters is fighting the injury bug and some key guys are expected to play dinged up. Penn Trafford had a bad performance against a really good Belle Vern one team and will be ready to go.
**Sto-Rox vs Avonworth:
– Sto-Rox will get resistance tonight because Avonworth can compete up front in the trenches. The question is going to be can their skill players keep up with the plethora of elite skill players that Sto-Rox will throw at them on offense.
**Upper St Clair vs Pine Richland:
– Two teams who legitimately have a chance to make a deep run in 5A. Pine Richland is 0-3 against three of the best teams in the state at 6A and this will be their first 5A game of the year. Upper St Clair is very good but young. Either this will be a good game or Pine will blow them out to prove they are still the team in 5A.
**Woodland Hills vs Penn Hills:
– Penn Hills 0-2 and Woodland Hills 1-2. The loser will be in a very bad spot with any thoughts of playoffs. Understanding what a third loss would do to their season, you will see an all out effort by both teams to try to get this win.