Connect with us

Thoughts On Duquesne Thru 11 Games

Home Forums Duquesne Discussion Thoughts On Duquesne Thru 11 Games

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike Vukovcan
    Keymaster

I don’t think anyone would argue that that Duquesne men’s basketball continues to trend upward. With 2 games remaining before conference games begin, Duquesne is 8-3 with a good chance of making it to 10 wins before A-10 action. Losses have been to Notre Dame, Pitt and Penn State. While not being very competitive against Pitt was discouraging, the only result that (IMO) was disappointing was Wednesday’s game vs. Penn State. Regardless of the score, I still believe Duquesne is a better team and should’ve won that game.

Despite that, it’s been a good start for Keith Dambrot and his team.

I Feel as though the biggest story has been the emergence of freshman point guard Sincere Carry. During the summer, Dambrot privately told me to watch out for him that he’s really good and man has he been right. Dambrot has really good player that’s going to lead his team for the next three years.

The biggest thing they’re adjusting to is a loaded roster. I think Dambrot is still trying to figure out playing time and exact roles for everyone. It’s not as easy as you’d think. It’s unusual to say, but Duquesne seems to have too many players that are capable of playing. Once conference play starts, Dambrot needs to find a steady rotation and stick with it.

What are your thoughts on what you’ve seen so far?

DJ Lotion
    Participant

@

DJ Lotion
    Participant

It is apparent after the non-conference schedule this will be an up-and-down year. Given the youth on the roster, this type of rollercoaster ride is a given. Next year however, you will have 4 potential All Conference players on the roster with Sincere, Maceo Austin, Eric Williams and Michael Hughes. That talent alone should allow them to compete for the A-10 title in both the 2019 and 2020 seasons. You also will have some very nice, high upside pieces in Norman and Ellis. You hope the other guys will contribute as bench/complimentary players. All of this potential talent is certainly good enough to beat anyone in the A-10 as they mature. It will come down to player development and I think that will be the most important thing to watch over the next 60 days. Let’s see this team be better come March 1 than they are today. Or at a minimum, play more consistent basketball than they have shown to date.

Alan Saunders
    Keymaster

Mike Hughes is a star. Young guards look promising, but I agree that there’s just too many young guys to see consistency happening this season.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies

Recent Topics

Forums

Like Pittsburgh Sports Now on Facebook!
Send this to a friend