The class of 2027 is very far away at this point, but it’s shaping up to be a very, very talented class. Kemon Jones is firmly among them.
Jones — a 5-foot-10, 160-pound running back from McKeesport High in McKeesport, Pennsylvania — picked up an offer from Pitt today after a conversation with Cory Sanders, his first collegiate offer.
While he’s young, he’s clearly a player to keep an eye on as his high school career continues at McKeesport. He’s already off to an electric start with the Tigers, too.
— Kemon Jones (@KemonJones9) September 15, 2023
Jones has been an impact player for McKeesport this season despite his age, racking up 167 yards on 11 carries, 21 yards on two receptions and two touchdowns. He had a breakout performance in his first college game, recording 108 yards and two touchdowns on just four carries against West Mifflin.
Pitt has extended recent offers to Shady Side’s Carter Bonner over the weekend, and Seton La Salle’s Khalil Taylor earlier tonight. And Central Catholic’s Larry Moon was offered earlier this summer.
The class of 2027 hasn’t been rated by any of the national recruiting services, but all four of the early offerees should see their names toward the top of the Pennsylvania rankings.
WPIAL/City League Players With Pitt Offers
Class of 2025
- Bradley Gompers, Athlete, Central Catholic High School
- Antwan Black, Jr. 3-star Defensive Back, Laurel Highlands High School
- Dayshawn Burnett 4-star Outside Linebacker, Imani Christian Academy
- Brady O’Hara, 3-star Tight End, North Catholic High School
- Tiqwai Hayes, 4-star Running Back, Aliquippa High School
Class of 2026
- Kyshawn Robinson, Athlete, Westinghouse High School
- David Davis, Athlete, Imani Christian Academy
- Da’Ron Barksdale, Athlete, Steel Valley High School
- Daiveon Taylor, Outside Linebacker, Bishop Canevin High School
- Colsen Gatten, Outside Linebacker, Central Catholic High School
Class of 2027