Pitt Football Remains At No. 17 In Latest AP Top 25 Rankings
Following their thrilling 38-31 win over West Virginia in the ‘Backyard Brawl’, the Pitt Panthers remain at No. 17 in the latest AP Top 25 Rankings.
Considering there many teams that lost directly in front of them, not moving anywhere in the rankings isn’t much of a surprise. However, it’s safe to say that the result either way this Saturday against Tennessee will dictate a change, either up or down.
The ACC Conference still has five teams ranked but a couple of the teams slipped down a spot or two.
ACC TOP 25 RANKINGS
2) Georgia (jumped up a spot following their domination over Oregon)
3) Ohio State (dropped a spot following their win over Notre Dame)
4) Michigan (rose up 4 spots)
5) Clemson (dropped one spot following their win over Georgia Tech)
6) Texas A&M
7) Oklahoma (rose two spots)
8) Notre Dame (dropped three spots)
10) USC (jumped up 4 spots)
11) Oklahoma State
12) Florida (the Gators weren’t ranked last week)
13) Utah (dropped 6 spots following their loss to Florida)
14) Michigan State
15) Miami, Fla.
16) Arkansas (rose 3 spots following their win over Cincinnati)
18) NC State (dropped 5 spots following an unimpressive win over East Carolina)
20) Kentucky (Wild Cats weren’t ranked last week)
21) BYU (jumped up 4 spots)
22) Ole Miss (dropped 1 spot)
23) Wake Forest (dropped 1 spot)
24) Tennessee (Vols weren’t ranked last week)
Others Receiving Votes: Oregon 131, Penn State 122, Texas 118, Cincinnati 63, Florida State 42, Fresno State 22, Central Florida 22, Minnesota 22, Kansas 18, Auburn 15, Mississippi State 10, Air Force 8, Oregon 5, North Carolina 3, South Carolina 2, Purdue 1, UCLA 1, Arizona 1