Week in Review
The Pitt Week in Review (June 13-19)
Here it is, the roundup of Pitt related articles that you’ve been waiting for all week.
- Even though the Penguins won the Stanley Cup on Sunday night, we still dutifully rolled out our Monday Recruiting Notes. Featured were a talk with Florida WR Josh Palmer, Some revelations about who would be at Pat Narduzzi’s NBA Final’s watch party, and news that C Owen Drexel was extended an offer.
- We interviewed 2018 prospect Alex Reigelsperger, a 6’4″ TE/DE from Wayne High School in Huber Heights, Ohio who has Pitt in his “top 3”.
- We talked to Montclair, NJ C Owen Drexel about his offer from Pitt.
- We spoke with Highlands 2-sport star Mitch DeZort about his thoughts on Pitt’s prospect camp and working out for the coaches.
- Pitt News ran a great profile on Pitt RB Chawntez Moss
- Five Pitt players were taken in the MLB Draft
- Tuesday’s Pitt Recruiting News column had info on Josiah Scott, Nathan Proctor, and a few more players to which Pitt extended offers.
- Less than one day after we reported on Pitt extending an offer, Montclair C, Owen Drexel accepted.
- Pitt’s Desmond Palmer was named an NCAA Outdoor Track and Field All-American for the third time.
- DKPittsburghSports’ Lance Lysowski looked at potential second year breakout candidates for the Panthers.
- SBNation had a ridiculously in-depth look at Pitt Football under Narduzzi. Especially recommended for people who like analytics.
- The big news of the week was Todd Sibley’s flip from Ohio State to Pitt. Sibley, who’s rated as the 20th best RB in the nation by Rivals, also gave us an exclusive video interview.
- Our Wednesday Pitt Recruiting Notes column offered news on 4-star DE/DT Dante Stills, Bruce Judson, Aeneas Hawkins and more.
- According to Phil Steele, Pitt has one of the most experienced offensive line’s in the nation.
- Pitt Blather had a good roundup of Pitt news.
- ESPN’s best case/worst case, Pitt Football edition looked at (wait for it…) both the best case scenario and the worst case scenario for the Panthers in 2017.
- Tim Benz’s column asked if this season will be Larry Fitzgerald’s last in the NFL
- SI had a lengthy interview with new Pitt Basketball head coach Kevin Stallings.
- Jerry DiPoala’s column looked at Pat Narduzzi’s numerous strengths as a recruiter.
- Craig Sager, who’s battling a recurrence of Leukemia, talked to Pitt RB James Conner before game 3 of the NBA Finals.
- Former Pitt basketball standout Chris Taft has found a new calling.
- ESPN thinks that big things could be ahead for the experienced Pitt offense.
- Friday’s Recruiting Notes looked at Jake Lichtenstein, a talented DE from Weston, Florida and shed some insight on a few players visiting from the Cass Tech football program.
- Only #78 (Ruben Brown) days left until the start of Pitt’s season.
- We took a look at Pitt’s dynamic backfield.
- Nothing happened except for the excellent “roundup of things that happened this week” that I just finished. Thanks for making it this far!
// Header image: University of Pittsburgh Football, photo courtesy of the University of Pittsburgh